I just voted for 2014’s Ursa Major Awards. Now it’s your turn! Voting is open until April 15.
by Patch O'Furr
Yay! Two things promoted here are on the short list of Ursa Major nominees.
- Best Anthropomorphic Magazine: Dogpatch Press – OF COURSE! Well, it may be more accurate to claim “Fluffiest hugs” or “Most Linty”. Who can pick just one from all the awesome choices? But vote for us anyways, so we can spread more awards and hugs to everyone else.
- Best Anthropomorphic Dramatic Short or Series: Furry Force from College Humor. It’s the funniest piece I’ve seen of “fursploitation” comedy. (More on that in a future post). It works because the creators tease with love. So, good for them for making the cut from 33 choices down to 5 nominees. Vote for them to encourage more! Pssst, I have a secret about Furry Force… there will be some exclusive news, but right now it’s for me to know and you to find out. Haha.
Submitted by Fred Patten, Furry’s favorite historian and reviewer:
The 2014 Ursa Major Awards
Voting for the 2014 Ursa Major Awards, for the Best Anthropomorphic Literature and Art of the 2014 calendar year in eleven categories, is now open. The voting is open from March 15 to April 15. The awards will be announced at a presentation ceremony at Morphicon 2005, in Columbus, Ohio on April 30 – May 3.
The eleven categories are:
- Best Anthropomorphic Motion Picture
- Best Anthropomorphic Dramatic Short or Series
- Best Anthropomorphic Novel
- Best Anthropomorphic Short Fiction
- Best Anthropomorphic Other Literary Work
- Best Anthropomorphic Graphic Story
- Best Anthropomorphic Comic Strip
- Best Anthropomorphic Magazine
- Best Anthropomorphic Published Illustration
- Best Anthropomorphic Game
- Best Anthropomorphic Website.
Voting is open to all! To vote, go to the Ursa Major Awards website at http://www.ursamajorawards.org/ and click on “Voting for 2014” at the left. You will receive instructions on how to register to vote. You do not have to vote in every category. Please vote in only those categories in which you feel knowledgeable.
This final ballot has been compiled from those works receiving the most nominations that were eligible. Unfortunately, one work that received enough nominations to have appeared on the final ballot was ruled ineligible because it was published in late 2013. Please check the dates of publication next year to make sure that your nominations are only for works published during the calendar year (January through December) in question.
Secretary, Anthropomorphic Literature and Arts Association (ALAA)