Sonic Memes & Magic the Gathering – latest episodes from Culturally F’d
This week Culturally F’d returns from our brief hiatus to talk about internet memes inspired by the titular Blue Hedgehog. We wanted to talk about the franchise, without talking about topics that have already been covered at great length on YouTube (like the general history of the franchise.) This was a bit more fun.
It’s everything from Sonic OC’s to Knuckles Knuckles & Knuckles. Sonic or Sanic? Arrkay talks about the hedgehog that has inspired Meme after Meme all over the internet for almost 30 years! Sonic’s constant pop-culture presence makes his franchise chronically memeable, and we explore its history and influence.
Originally, the script was going to be a collaboration. The Sonic theme was proposed to coincide with the release of Sonic Forces in November. Sadly, the collab fell through. Culturally f’d was left hanging with a script about Sonic Memes. So we cleaned it up as a regular episode.
This music in this episode was generously provided by insaneintherainmusic – Carlos Eiene. You can listen to the original here. (The last time we talked about video games, we used a jazz-cover as well. Our video on Star Fox Fan-Canon featured this awesome smooth jazz cover of the Star Fox 64 music.)
We also had some technical issues with our audio. I bet those with keen ears will be able to tell what, and how we fixed it.
Here’s some additional video links to help put some of these strange memes into context:
- What is YouTube Poop? An explanatory video
- SUCC UNLEASHED (1K Special YouTube Poop) by Mr. Pasquale
- More on “Tails Doll” – Creepy Gaming TAILS DOLL EXPLAINED by TheStickyPaddle
- Green Trill Zone – Sonic Remix by Cyranek
- Knuckles sings by Gregzilla
- Knuckles from K.N.U.C.K.L.E.S. & Knuckles [Full Version & Knuckles]
Previously, on Culturally F’d: MAGIC
We had guest writer Tempe O’Kun script us an episode he was very passionate about. Summoning Furries in Magic: The Gathering was so much fun to make. We pulled out some extra bells and whistles to bring life to the incredible paintings that are used in the collectible card game.
Culturally F’d looks at the extensive cat-people, the best-birbs Aven, the lizardly Viashino, and the miscellaneous handful of other magical mythical creatures that grace the planes of our worlds most popular collectible card game.
Just typical Culturally F'd work pic.twitter.com/CtPxTS1K0V— Culturally F'd! @FE2018 (@CulturallyFd) October 12, 2017
We had the pleasure of meeting the creators of MTG Purple, at the YouTube Space Toronto. We proceeded to blow their freakin minds with this video, and educate them a bit on what Furries are actually all about.
Lastly, (late to the punch) we also filmed a Halloween video with Rusty Shacklefur’s very own fursuit come to life – “Tetanus”
We shot this at Underbite’s real birthday party. Not bad for something we filmed well into a buzzed party-mode. It was certainly a fun thing to end on as we entered into a break. Check out where we got Tetanus from, here in this compilation video.
- Buy Culturally F’d Merch today: http://www.culturallyfd.com – only $5 shipping within the US.
- Pay-What-You-Can digital download of our Fox Wars poster to print locally. HD with no watermark: https://checkout.chec.io/FWdCjF
- Support Culturally F’d on Patreon with small monthly donations. Our perks include custom Rusty Video, YCH Thumbnails, Free art and more: https://www.patreon.com/culturallyfd
- Subscribe to our Newsletter: http://tinyurl.com/gsz8us7