by Patch O'Furr
Last week, Dogpatch Press linked the alt-right of furry fandom with a violent neo-nazi rally in Charlottesville. It came on a wave of fandom news, synched with the even bigger one in the mainstream. There’s too much for one update (more is coming.)
Open neo-nazi marching led to nationwide pushback. It included hate groups being kicked off of many services, from Paypal to Discord. The Altfurries saw it coming in their own Discord group, and soon their group was gone. (Keep in mind that isn’t a government act.)
That was a signal for inside leaks to be exposed. I had access for months but couldn’t talk about it before. Months of altfurry private communications are now here for anyone to see; what we’ve been saying all along wasn’t exaggeration. Altfurry really does represent neo-nazi activity they are trying to push into the fandom. It was a huge blow to their pretense of just having different opinions. The dust will be settling for a long time.
Altfurrydiscord logs get viral sharing and media coverage.
- Use this Discord Reader to look at the logs for yourself.
- Download six dumps from different points between wiping their servers.
- Single screenshots earned thousands of views already- more is still unreleased.
Flayrah covered some of the happenings: ‘Alt-Furry’ suffers blowback after Alt-Right rally leads to death of citizen.
Newsweek interviewed some involved people including Deo, and from the altfurries, Casey Hoerth and Nathan Gate. The journalist is a freelancer who did a previous piece on the alt-right, whose previous experience was writing for Heat Street (a conservative site that recently shut down). I spoke to his editor about reporting with false equivalency. And I spoke to another media source for coverage that isn’t open to talk about yet. Those articles are forthcoming.
Work begins for sorting info.
Confidential volunteers are tracing connections and identities in the altfurry logs. A few sample contents include:
- Asking Nazi leaders outside the furry fandom for their involvement.
- Hopes to ease the country into Nazism.
- Trolling against conventions and people they didn’t like.
- They were willing to plan violence like hiring a hitman.
- They enjoyed frequent antisemitism, racial slurs and discussions of supremacy and genocide.