by Patch O'Furr
Headlines, links and little stories to make your tail wag. Guest posts welcome. Tips: email@example.com.
Friend of the community lost in mass shooting in San Bernardino CA. (Tip: Bosn Otter.)
The tragedy on December 2 is described as terrorism-related, and left 14 dead and 21 injured.
Bosn said Dan Kaufman was “a friend to the furry community… a friend to pretty much everybody he ever met.”
- ABC7.com: “A coffee shop worker killed in the San Bernardino mass shooting on Wednesday was remembered by loved ones as a caring and compassionate man.”
- Inside Edition: Kaufman was “named as one of the victims of the San Bernardino massacre after his partner initially thought he’d survived.”
- L.A. Times: “For victim’s boyfriend, 22 hours of conflicting reports, then heartbreak”
- SBsun.com: “jovial person who touched lives”
- The Guardian: “a gregarious free spirit who adored horror films”
- PE.com: “Kaufman liked dressing up in costume and performed for 16 years in a local Renaissance Faire.”
- L.A. Times: “dressed as an Italian noble with a stiff lace collar and a pewter goblet, or as a peasant riding a horse”
- Frontiers Media: “San Bernardino Mass Shooting Took Gay Victim”
His Facebook account gave the impression that he had lots of friends through cons and the Ren Faires. It was hard to find direct Furry connections, although some of his last pics were from a comic con I went to 1 month ago (Comikaze Expo) where he cosplayed as a wolf.