by Patch O'Furr
- Friday, June 28: So Stoked for Pride with Frolic. It’s a special edition of Neonbunny’s legendary furry dance party. (DNA Lounge, 375 11th St, 8PM).
- Sunday, June 30: Meetup event page for the Pride parade. Add your name to join the furry marchers or ride the float down Market Street. (Instructions below.)
- Telegram group for furries at Pride. The live connection to everyone (145 members and rising). Edit: ask to be added.
- Telegram for parade Contingent Monitors (Volunteers are needed so there are enough safety monitors to be allowed to march! Please join and see the pinned post.)
- GoFundMe for event fundraising (still open.)
- Bay Area Furries on Facebook
Paws for thought.
The Popdust blog asks: Do Furries Have a Home in the LGBTQ+ Community? Well, I can say a lot about it from organizing for Pride since 2012. (Read to the bottom for past news, or try this 2017 San Francisco Furry Pride story by Smash.) The 2018 parade had the best furry turnout ever — I estimated over 100 came. They won the Absolutely Fabulous award. Whether or not that represents The Gay Agenda at large, SF’s “largest gathering of LGBT people and allies in the nation” opens a home (or a kennel) for us.
The Bay Area Furries float took "Absolutely Fabulous" award in the San Francisco Pride Parade, out of 240 floats. pic.twitter.com/KHCxUo246q
— Spottacus Cheetah (➡ AC, SF Pride) (@Spottacus) June 25, 2018