Independence always comes first for reporting, researching sources, receiving tips, and keeping investigation secure. Dogpatch Press reserves all rights for editors and admins. This policy may apply to contributors on the site or accounts connected to it at discretion of the site Owner.
By visiting the site, contributing content, or engaging with it anywhere, you are using Service and agree to the following terms.
- Users are guests benefiting from generosity of the Owner. The Service is for fandom, not for profit, and nobody is entitled to favors including labor for editing, promoting, building and maintaining a site at constant cost to the Owner.
- No obligation, endorsement or relationship with the Owner is implied in any content here (including quotes, tweets, guest writing, or any other activity) unless specifically written and maintained as a signed contract. No bias is implied by not providing Service while resources are limited for prioritizing, researching and completing hundreds of projects.
- Service may be modified or discontinued to any user at any time.
(B) Creating or modifying content
In general, content on the site will be kept secure and as published. Outside directions to create, modify or remove will not be considered, except in these cases:
- Factual errors like a wrong name or year.
- Formal notice by lawyer letter.
- A considerate request from one source may be considered.
Requests must assume good faith of the Owner and associates, and use persuasion with no entitlement. Non-response does not imply any bias, affiliation or intentions. There are many reasons you may receive no comment especially with security of private investigation.
(C) Abuse of Service
Declining Service is final. Pressure, entitlement or abuse will never be considered and will be blocked. Abuse may include:
- Targeting with grudges, harassment, or mass brigading (such as callouts, hashtags, or demands about sources).
- Mischaracterizing content out of context, such as putting words in mouths with misquoting, Catch-22’s (“you only did it for clout”/”you didn’t do it because of favoring ___”), baiting and manipulation to set up “gotchas” (“did you stop beating your wife yet”, “silence about ___ means ___”).
- Outside publication of content such as private messages, draft writing, outdated versions, or any out-of-context info not approved by the Owner implies bias that invalidates the content and source.
(D) License to use content
Contributors of guest writing, comments, tips, and any other content (including private messages) agree by submitting it to any account connected to the site:
- License is granted for Dogpatch Press and the Owner to use it freely for any media purpose with no obligation.
- Contributors are receiving valuable Service that is not to be taken for granted, undermined or disparaged.
- If Service is discontinued, you’re free to post your own content anywhere else you like but will not expect any further Service.
By using Service, you agree that violating these terms makes you responsible for termination of Service plus damage and costs. You agree that this policy is on public display and you alone are responsible for following these terms. If you don’t agree to these terms, you will not use the site or submit any content to any account connected to the site at any time.