by Patch O'Furr
Furry Ambassadors – a recognition program
“Furries ruin everything.” “F#$king Furries.” “Yiff in H$!!.” The furry community can face stigmatization from the mainstream – and for some, fursecution is real. That being said, there are good people who put a lot of effort into the furry community. Between helping people financially, educationally, or by going out of their way to help keep the peace, there are good furs out there who deserve to be recognized for their efforts.
On June 1st, 2017, the Furry Ambassadors Program was initiated on Fur Affinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryambassadors. An ambassador is someone who protects people, promotes prosperity, or works for peace. Meeting one of those three duties has become a requirement for someone to be recognized a Furry Ambassador as well, as this is not a popularity contest. Being a Furry, however, is optional.
The list of Furry Ambassadors to date are as follows.
- June 2017: The chairman of Anthrocon, Dr. Samuel Conway aka Uncle Kage aka kagemushi
- July 2017: Doctor Courtney “Nuka” Plante aka Nuka-kitty
- August 2017: Aberguine from the YouTube channel Furries in the Media
- September 2017: Arrkay and UnderbiteDragon of the YouTube Channel CulturallyFD
- October 2017: Founder of the International Anthropomorphic Research Project, Dr. Kathy Gerbasi
- November 2017: Civil litigation lawyer Boozy Barrister Badger
- December 2017: DogPatch.Press, founded by Patch O’Furr/Patch_Packrat, with Furry Historian Fred Patten, and contributing editor Pup Matthias.
- January 2018: (skipped due to holidays). More is coming soon… please get in touch with them to nominate furries who deserve recognition!
Want to nominate your own FurryAmbassador or learn more?— FurryAmbassadors (@FurryAmbassador) October 23, 2017
Please visit our FurAffinity page for more info!https://t.co/vD8rwja1FS