by Pup Matthias
Submitted by Fred Patten, Furry’s favorite historian and reviewer.
Dogs of War, edited by Fred Patten, is launching at Further Confusion 2017 in San Jose, California over the January 12-16 five-day weekend. The book can be pre-ordered from FurPlanet Productions. It will be for sale on the FurPlanet online catalogue afterwards.
Dogs of War is an all-original anthology of 23 short stories and novelettes of anthropomorphic animals (not just dogs) in military scenarios, from battle action to boot camps, on land, at sea, and in space. This is designed to appeal to both s-f & fantasy fans, and fans of military s-f.
From a rabbit army’s training camp, to a human army turned into wolves, praying mantises in spacesuits, rattlesnake troops, prejudice against uplifted rat sailors, multi-tailed fox warrior priestesses, and more; these are stories for your imagination and enjoyment.
- Nosy and Wolf, by Ken McGregor
- After Their Kind, by Taylor Harbin
- Succession, by Devin Hallsworth
- Two If By Sea, by Field T. Mouse
- The Queens’ Confederate Space Marines, by Elizabeth McCoy
- The Loving Children, by Bill McCormick
- Strike, But Hear Me, by Jefferson P. Swycaffer
- End of Ages, by BanWynn Oakshadow
- Shells On The Beach, by Tom Mullins
- Cross of Valor Reception for the Raccoon, Tanner Williams, Declassified Transcript, by John Kulp
- Last Man Standing, by Frances Pauli
- Hunter’s Fall, by Angela Oliver
- Old Regimes, by Gullwolf
- The Shrine War, by Alan Loewen
- The Monster in the Mist, by Madison Keller
- Wolves in Winter, by Searska GrayRaven
- The Third Variety, by Rob Baird
- The Best and Worst of Worlds, by Mary E. Lowd
- Tooth, Claw and Fang, by Stephen Coughlan
- Sacrifice, by J. N. Wolfe
- War of Attrition, by Lisa Timpf
- Fathers to Sons, by MikasiWolf
- Hoodies and Horses, by Michael D. Winkle
Price: $19.95. 455 pages. Wraparound cover by Teagan Gavet. ISBN 978-1-61450-346-0.