The news is full of fursuiters and animation: Furry news dump (8-31-14)
by Patch O'Furr
Here’s some news curated from a Furry view. Enjoy a big sloppy bowl of news bites, scoops, and Snausage links. Tips welcome- I’d love to post yours!
Media attention is very active recently…
– Fursuiter in San Francisco magazine.
This feature page about bronies has local furry “Quinnton Fox” in pony suit.
– Bronies in San Francisco’s The Bold Italic.
A photo project documents Bronies, and what being one means.
– Wall Street Journal’s furry Photo of the Day.
A police officer halts traffic as delegates arrive to Eurofurence in Berlin.
– Meetup.com’s Furry group made the cover of San Diego Reader.
It’s crazy-adorable. Page 4 of the article covers more about their meets.
– Furrymedia shares a big crop of convention articles:
– Fursday’s reading list: “A Tale of Two Newspapers.”
One trashy tabloid loads it’s headline with sex, but another source gives a more fair approach to the same Furry topic.
– “Taboo” fetish photos in Huffington Post.
Most of these NSFW fetish photos have nothing to do with Furries, but one model is evidently a gothic fashion and costume enthusiast in a lovely, spooky, custom-made werewolf suit.
Videos, TV, movies and animation…
– USAGI YOJIMBO, the indie comic by Furry favorite artist Stan Sakai, gets a successful pitch for a feature film.
– BOJACK HORSEMAN: anthropomorphic comedy cartoon series debuts on Netflix, and earns furry fan notice.
It’s cast includes Aaron Paul, making a move into voice acting following success in “Breaking Bad.”
Find the series on Netflix, or check the trailer:
– FAKE puppet dog plays pranks on real dogs!
Random internet fun…
Here’s a silly and a bit naughty fursuit photoshoot from Russia– showing that around the world, Furries are people I’d love to hang out with.
And here’s the most fun thing I saw on Twitter this week:
Furry Convention Bingo! When you win, you kinda sorta also lose. pic.twitter.com/fzMRJDvecB
— Shut up Path (@pathhyena) May 30, 2014
Tomorrow morning, and every monday this month, look for Parts 1-4 of a GREAT interview with Neonbunny, founding DJ of San Francisco’s Frolic party!