The Furry Future: Fred Patten’s book announcement for Further Confusion 2015
by Patch O'Furr
Late, but not too late… sorry Fred! A busy week got in the way of posting this before the con. There’s time to check it out at the con now.
Fred Patten, Furry’s favorite historian and reviewer, submits this announcement:
The Furry Future; 19 Possible Prognostications, edited by Fred Patten and published by FurPlanet Productions, is scheduled for release at the Further Confusion 2015 convention, in San Jose, California, on January 15-19, 2015. It will be on sale through the online FurPlanet catalogue thereafter.
The Furry Future contains 19 short stories and novelettes by authors from six countries (Australia, Canada, England, Germany, Singapore, and the U.S.) depicting various ways in which mankind may bioengineer one or more furry species in the future. To be mankind’s partners? Servants? Or superiors? Read The Furry Future and see.
- Emergency Maintenance, by Michael H. Payne
- Tow, by Watts Martin
- Experiment Seventy, by J. F. R. Coates
- A Bedsheet for a Cape, by Nathanael Gass
- Hachimoto, by Samuel C. Conway
- Vivian, by Bryan Feir
- Family Bonding, by Yannarra Cheena
- The Future Is Yours, by MikasiWolf
- Distant Shores, by Tony Greyfox
- The Analogue Cat, by Alice “Huskyteer” Dryden
- The Sequence, by NightEyes DaySpring
- Trinka and The Robot, by Ocean Tigrox
- Lunar Cavity, by Mary E. Lowd
- The Darkness of Dead Stars, by Dwale
- Field Research, by M. C. A. Hogarth
- The Curators, by T. S. McNally
- Evolver, by Cairyn (Ronald W. Klemp)
- Growing Fur, by Fred Patten
- Thebe and the Angry Red Eye, by David Hopkins – illustrated by Roz Gibson
Price: $19.95. 445 pages. Wraparound cover by Teagan Gavet.