HappyWulf’s Furry KickStarters – Ep.1
by Dogpatch Press Staff
Hey everyone! I’m Furry trash! But more than that, I’m KickStarter Trash too! I thought it’d be a good idea to occasionally show some Furry stuff I’ve found on KickStarter for the folks who might not be regulars to the site, and share what they might be missing. These posts may often feature one time offer only listings. (This first edition is a little quick and dirty, due to the time constraint of the first entry.)
MADCAP – This is a TOON based RPG with lots of renowned artists lending their talents to the book and the game is coming from the creators of IronClaw. Ends TODAY.
- Back again for the first time, despite popular demand… it’s the singular, particular, jugular and avuncular MADCAP, the role-playing game of cartoon screwball action! It’s the game that stars the best person we could find on short notice: YOU. And you’ll have a supporting cast of your friends, your compatriots, your hangers-on, your contemporaries — heck, anyone who could hold a pencil by the right end, they could play this game with you!
Rabbit Island – A 4X Territory Control tile board game with buh-nees.
- Lead your tribe to explore a new island every game! Build up your civilization with the value of the Carrot, and the help of special Action Cards. Can you conquer your opponents in 20 rounds?
Trash Pandas card game – A small push-your-luck style card game… And I’m Furry Trash, as previously stated. This one is a limited run of only 500 copies being made, and it’s cheap. Why Not? said I.
- Trash Pandas is easy to learn, portable, and fun for all ages. In Trash Pandas, players are raucous raccoons, tipping over trash cans for food (and shiny objects). Players push their luck to acquire more trash cards, but must stash them in order for them to count as points at the end of the game.
Bar Pig – Looking at the rules, it’s a zany party game that often calls in your place of play as part of the chaos, with losers of each round getting a penalty more than winners getting ahead. So don’t build your house with Straw! (and keep your play area clear of tripping hazards.) Hurr.
- BaRPiG’s rules are simple, and the game uses creative player input as well as the surroundings in which it’s being played. BaRPiG can be played anywhere and everywhere, with any group of friends, and every game will be different from the last.
Paws and Padlocks – A tile-placing race for treasure using locked and rotating rooms to trip up the other players.
- Paws and Padlocks is a family-friendly dungeon crawler where you play as adventurers breaking into Slime Castle to steal the evil Slime Queen’s treasure. Build your path to the treasure by laying out room cards on the board and try to mess up another player’s path along the way. While exploring the castle, you can fight Slime monsters, open treasure chests, find interesting items, and trigger events that change up the game!
Can I Pet Your Werewolf? – No personal comment needed! They explain it just fine. ;3
- Can I Pet Your Werewolf? is a light-hearted anthology featuring tales of friendship, family, and romance shared between those who get hairy under a full moon. Just because they have sharp teeth and claws doesn’t mean they have to be a monster out for blood. It is organized by Kel McDonald (Sorcery 101 and Misfits of Avalon) and co-edited by Kel McDonald and Molly Muldoon.
The Tim’rous Beastie Anthology – Again they did a fine job explaining exactly what this is; A comic anthology featuring mostly non-anthro animals.
- Tim’rous Beastie is a 260-page, black-and-white comic anthology about small lives in a big, big world. This is a collection by and for those of us who grew up inspired by Redwall, Watership Down, The Plague Dogs, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, and other tales of brave and imperiled critters defying their size and place in the natural order.
Catapulted – Issue One – Literal Cats in Space! Only funding for the first issue though.
- Catapulted is a black and white comic book about cats sent into space during the space race in the 1950’s. Prior to manned missions to space, America experimented by sending chimps into space, Russia sent dogs and France… they sent cats (true story). Follow one cats epic journey as it is Catapulted into space and experience the connections our feline protagonist makes with every person it interacts with, as it survives harsh and changing conditions. Lost cosmonauts, a conspiracy theory and something altogether surprising await readers in Catapulted. If you like sci-fi, alternate history or you have soft spot for cats, this is the book for you.
Katze vol.2 – More cats, because why not?
- What is Katze? Katze is a comic book showcasting the cats Chloé, Azaelle and Mustache. The story revolves around these hairballs, their interactions, their discoveries and their fears, but also the love and hatred they feel towards each other. Volume 1 presented chapters 1, 2 and 3, where Chloe arrived in her new home, then the awakening of the mistress and finally the discovery of playing with cardboard boxes.Volume 2 presents chapters 4, 5 and 6. The comic begins with the arrival of Azaelle in her new home when she was young, then we see Chloé and Azaelle meeting a hamster, and we finish the book with the cats that get a bath.