by Patch O'Furr
Headlines, links and little stories to make your tail wag. Tips: email@example.com. Thanks to Dronon for editing help!
Furry Media Events have never been so frequent!
Big stories come in clusters. A blog reports something, more blogs catch on, and the story trades up to syndicated news. In Furry fandom, that used to happen maybe once a year… and that could be predictable stories about Anthrocon.
Dogpatch Press is only 2 years old, but there’s been a noticeable spike. There was the chlorine attack at MFF. #TonyTigerGate hit the “weird news” section. Not 6 weeks later, there’s THREE in the same week – Zootopia marketing to Furries; Syrian refugees at VancouFur; and notices for the Fursonas documentary.
It’s so much that you get two Newsdumps this week. Soon: “all the controversy in the media”. The pace makes it hard to keep up with the Year Of Furry!
Zootopia marketing to Furries – (Look for another article about this soon.)
It blew up with a Buzzfeed column full of fetish-snark: Proof Disney Is Actually Marketing “Zootopia” To Furries.
- Zootopia on WikiFur: Media notice and controversy about marketing to furries.
- Is Disney Marketing New Movie ‘Zootopia’ to Furries? (Inquisitr)
- Disney Seems to Be Embracing Its “Furry” Fan Base (Vanity Fair)
- Disney’s ‘Zootopia’ and furries: a match made in marketing heaven? (The Oregonian)
- Is Disney targeting its Zootopia marketing strategy toward Furries? (National Post; Canada’s right-wing newspaper)
- How The Marketing Of ‘Zootopia’ Won Big By Getting Weird (Forbes; disable ad-blockers)
- Disney is marketing ‘Zootopia’ to furries because it would be crazy not to (The Daily Dot)