Nominations now open for the 2019 Ursa Major Awards!
by Patch O'Furr
Sent in by a host of the Ursa Major awards, and co-founder of the first furry convention and oldest fan house in Southern California (the Prancing Skiltaire):
It’s that time of year again! The Furry community will honor the best of Anthropomorphic animation, art and literature, and everyone is invited to help choose the best for 2019! You make the nominations, and vote for the winners. Nominations are now open, until February 15, 2020. There is even a recommended list to help you make your choices, but you may submit anything your feel deserves the award. To nominate in any or all categories, go to https://ursamajorawards.org
Nominations for the 2019 Awards are now open and will close at midnight on February 15th, 2020.
- Best Anthropomorphic Motion Picture
- Best Anthropomorphic Dramatic Short Work or Series
- Best Anthropomorphic Novel
- Best Anthropomorphic Short Fiction
- Best Anthropomorphic Other Literary Work
- Best Anthropomorphic Non-Fiction Work
- Best Anthropomorphic Graphic Story
- Best Anthropomorphic Comic Strip
- Best Anthropomorphic Magazine
- Best Anthropomorphic Published Illustration
- Best Anthropomorphic Game
- Best Anthropomorphic Website
- Best Anthropomorphic Costume (Fursuit)
You don’t have to nominate for all categories. Fursuit nominations need a link to one GOOD photo taken in 2019, where it was taken, and who made it.
After nominations close, finalists will be compiled and announced. VOTING runs from March 1 to March 31. You are strongly encouraged to get your friends to register and nominate. After all, this is a people’s Award, and not voted by a committee. The more the merrier!
GOT IT? GO FORTH AND NOMINATE… thanks to thoughtful readers who feel like nominating Dogpatch Press for Best Magazine or Non-Fiction Work.
AS LONG AS YOU’RE AT IT… NOMINATE FOR THE GOOD FURRY AWARD TOO! It’s open for submissions until May 31.
Like the article? These take hard work. For more free furry news, please follow on Twitter or support not-for-profit Dogpatch Press on Patreon. Want to get involved? Share news on these subreddits: r/furrydiscuss for anything — or r/waginheaven for the best of the community. Or send guest writing here (it pays.)